Paper Bag Market Expectations and Highlighted Growth Trends to 2027
The IMF report provides a comprehensive overview of paper bags market. It covers information on the market’s growth potential, growth drivers and restraints.
Driven by the growing attention to environmentally friendly and sustainable packaging solutions, demand for paper bags is set to increase exponentially, according to Future Market Insights (IMF) in a new study. Paper bags are lightweight, biodegradable and economical. Due to their intrinsic properties, they are also considered to be more environmentally friendly than plastic alternatives.
The use of paper bags has steadily increased in sectors such as agriculture, construction and others. Driven by this, the paper bag market is expected to show a CAGR of 4.1% CAGR between 2020 and 2030.
As the paper bags are non-reactive, they are widely used in the packaging of food, drink and various high-end products. The expansion of these sectors will therefore bode well for the market as a whole.
Some of the key takeaways from the report are highlighted below:
- Sales of open-mouth pinch-bottom paper bags will continue to increase
- Brown kraft will remain the material of choice for making paper bags
- Paper bags with a thickness of <2 ply should be in high demand as a disposable packaging solution
- Retail sector expected to show strong demand for paper bags
- Demand for paper bags set to skyrocket at APEJ
Request a complete table of contents for this report with numbers:
âPaper bags are increasingly popular as a better alternative to single-use plastic bags. With governments in various countries banning the use of polythene bags and other plastic items, sales of paper bags are expected to increase. Some of the major players in the market see it as a lucrative opportunity. Some have even introduced recycled paper bags from waste such as discarded newspapers to leave a mark amidst the competition, âsays an IMF analyst.
COVID-19 impact assessment
The novel coronavirus outbreak has slowed the expected growth of the paper bag market. In addition to disruptions in manufacturing units, the market has had to contend with shortage of raw materials, non-operational supply chain, closure of logistics units, unavailability of labor , among other factors during extended periods of foreclosure. The major players in the market, however, are working hard to strengthen their infrastructure in order to continue to manufacture quality products.
Competition in the paper bag market is expected to intensify in the coming years. Companies are therefore increasingly relying on recycled materials for the production of quality paper bags. Some even push product launches to gain competitive advantage.
For example, RonPak has over the past year launched its extensive line of paper bag products such as handbags, pinch bottom, packaging and more with SQF certification and manufactured with optical brightener with color detection. black light glue.
JohnPac launched its exclusive Multi-Wall Paper Bags with a diverse range of styles such as Sewn Open Mouth, Auto Open Bag, Pinch Bottom Open Mouth, Sewn Valve, Stepped End Glued Valve and others over the year. In progress.
Paper Bag Market Report: Scope
|Historical data available for||2015-2019|
|Market analysis||Millions USD for value and volume (per ton)|
|Key regions covered||North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania Middle East and Africa|
|Key countries covered||United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, GCC countries, Turkey, North Africa, South Africa|
|Key segments covered||Product type, material type, thickness, end user and region|
|Key companies profiled||Smurfit Kappa Group PlcInternational Paper CompanyNovolex Holdings, Inc.RonpakWelton Bibby And Baron LimitedEl Dorado Packaging, Inc.Langston Companies, Inc.United Bags, Inc.Genpak FlexibleGlobal-Pak, Inc.York Paper Company LimitedPaperbags LimitedJohnPac Inc.WestRock Company|
|Cover of the report||Market forecasting, brand share analysis, competitive intelligence, DROT analysis, market dynamics and challenges, strategic growth initiatives|
|Personalization and prices||Available on demand|
Key questions answered by the report
- At what CAGR is the paper bag market expected to grow?According to Future Market Insights (IMF), the paper bag market is expected to grow by 4.1% CAGR during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
- What are the top companies in the paper bag market?Some of the major companies in the global paper bag market are Smurfit Kappa Group Plc, International Paper Company, Global-Pak, Inc., Langston Companies, Inc., etc.
- What category of paper bags are in high demand?Open-mouth pinch bottom paper bags are the most lucrative segment by product type of the paper bags market and are expected to maintain their lead throughout the forecast period.
- What is the preferred type of material in the paper bag market?Brown Kraft is the most preferred type of material in the global paper bag market.
- How do companies plan to gain a competitive advantage in the paper bag market?With the competition getting tougher, the major players in the market are focusing on launching more diverse and advanced products to target a wide range of end users. As major end users such as retail, agriculture and others move towards sustainable or green packaging solutions, major companies focus on producing recyclable and reusable paper bags. .
- Who is the main end user in the paper bag market?The retail segment is the major end user industry in the global paper bag market and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
- What is the biggest market for paper bags?APEJ (Asia-Pacific excluding Japan) is the largest market for paper bags, followed by North America and Western Europe. According to IMF, APEJ will maintain its leadership position throughout the forecast period from 2020 to 2030.
More valuable insights into the paper bags market
In its latest report, Future Market Insights offers a detailed and unbiased analysis of the global Paper Bag market. It provides historical data for the period 2015-2019 and forecast statistics for the period 2020-2030. In order to understand the global market potential, growth and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of product type (sewn open mouth, pinch bottom open mouth, glued valve, glued open mouth, flat bottom), material type (brown kraft, white kraft), thickness (<2 plis, 2 plis, 3 plis, >3 ply), end use (agriculture and allied industries, construction and counter-sales, food and beverage, retail, chemicals, other), in six main regions (North America, APEJ, Western Europe, Europe East, Latin America, MEA and Japan).